After a sleepless night and an early rising at 5:30 am I begin to doubt my great idea of buying a new bed so we could sleep better. The last couple of nights have been a build up to last night’s insomnia.
After that experience I notice a couple of things. We are both on edge. She is upset that I am angry that she could not sleep and wants to offer an explanation. I am only-one-cup-of-coffee cranky and unwilling to accept any explanation made up out of whole cloth. As the day continues we will ease up and move on as we recognize that we both are very tired.
Most nights the big new bed has made a huge difference in our sleep. Lately I have been letting her sleep in a bit because it seemed to me that she was very tired in the morning. The LOUD AND ANNOYING clock did not wake her up. I think that will change.
I Have Learned
- Kindness returns after 2 mugs of black coffee
- Cheeriness requires more coffee
- Grumpy can last all day if you allow it to.
- Maybe listen to the explanation while getting more coffee
- Get her to take 7am meds and get breakfast
- If she wants to make Christmas cookies, let her.
- Her conversations will wander all over the place when she has slept poorly.